Organic traffic is an excellent method of generating high-quality converting leads without emptying your pockets in ad spend. Often the most loyal clients are those who come across your site organically while browsing Google looking for their desired service. If you’re looking to improve your search engine rankings and get seen more by local shoppers, consider implementing the following seven simple yet effective SEO techniques.
Table of Contents
1. Consistently Post Valuable Content
Frequent updates to your websites act as positive catalysts for both readers and search engines. It shows that you are dedicated to maintaining your site and providing ongoing value to your readers. Although there is extensive research indicating the best time and day to post, SEO studies have found that simply maintaining a consistent posting schedule is more important for long-term growth. Posting about new and trending topics is particularly beneficial as it can be much easier to rank higher on Google due to the increased search volume for that particular area.
Below are some things to think about when planning and executing marketing strategies
- Identify your audience
- Know your focus
- Understand your niche
- Refresh your content
- Highlight trending topics
- Monitor your progress
2. Remove Bad Backlinks
Despite popular belief, quantity does not beat quality when it comes to backlinks. Not only can bad backlinks reduce your website’s overall credibility, but they can also result in Google penalties which can have significant long-term impacts on your ability to rank. Such links include link exchanges, paid links, and advertorials. These only serve to damage the reputation of your site and should always be avoided.
- Use tools such as Ahrefs to analyze all of your website’s backlinks. This will include all links, relevant, irrelevant, good, and bad. Once you’ve compiled a comprehensive list, you can begin weeding out the negative links.
- Reach out to your webmaster to get these links removed and hidden from search engines.
- Use Google’s disavow tool to inform search engines that these links were created without your knowledge and to request that they be disregarded when analyzing your website’s reputation.
3. Perform Keyword Research
Keyword research is among the most important practices in SEO and can largely determine your success in search ranking. By researching keywords, you are able to determine those which are most relevant to your content and will generate the best leads.
Below are some keyword research tools to help you compile a list:
- Ubersuggest’s Free Keyword Tool
- Google Ads Keyword Planner
- Moz Keyword Explorer
- Alexa Keyword Research